Operator's Guide to Certification
The importance of GSA certification in reducing interoperability challenges.
The GSA certification process relies upon the operator and manufacturer requesting and ensuring GSA certified products. GSA provides a reliable and trustworthy certification program to allow for the timely resolution of issues found in the field. This program assures the best guarantee for protocol compliance. GSA is continuously working toward the improvement and automation of the certification program. GSA can only guarantee the quality of its products (protocols, specifications, certification programs etc.) through continued industry collaboration.
Require GSA Certified Products before deploying them on the floor!
Operators process to purchase or upgrade GSA certified systems
- The operator defines his/her requirements and presents them to the system vendor.
- The operator selects a system vendor based on the capabilities of the system and how well the system meets the operator's requirements.
- The system vendor translates the operator's business requirements and checks the appropriate boxes on the host certification requirements checklist reflecting the desired operators requirements.
- The operator requires that the system be GSA certified.
- Once the system is certified, the system vendor completes an EGM certification checklist to indicate what the EGM must support and provides this checklist to the operator.
- The operator requires all EGM vendors to be certified for the capabilities indicated in the EGM certification requirements checklist provided by the system vendor.
Operators process to purchase or upgrade GSA certified EGM's
- The operator requires that the EGM be GSA certified.
- The EGM vendor fills out the host certification requirements checklist indicating what is required to enable the new feature(s) in EGM and provides the checklist to the operator.
- The operator provides the host certification requirements checklist to their system vendor and requests that the system be upgraded to support the new feature(s).
- The system vendor incorporates upgrades in the system and ensures the system is re-certified for the feature(s).
As a member, you can register to participate in the GSA certification program. Detailed membership benefits can be found here. GSA's role:
- Provides oversight of the certification program through the Certification & Interoperability Committee (CIC).
- Provides active collaboration in the Operators Advisory Committee (OAC) and the Technical Committees to ensure that market demands are being met.
- Ensures compliance with our certification policies in order to maintain product certification.
- Commit to resolve interoperability and conformance issues discovered in the field.
- Maintains a Certification Registry.